Tuesday, March 11, 2008

March Madness

I got the fever. This is by far my favorite time of year. The weather starts to get better. There are tons of St. Patty's day celebrations to rationalize heavy consumption of alcohol. Not only is being heavily inebriated expected but it's rewarded.

I kind of laugh when I see people of all nationalities all dressed up in green for St. Patrick's day. It's funny too that everyone over here thinks that corned beef and cabbage is the main dish in Ireland but most never even heard of it. My Irish cousins are tired of stupid American tourists coming over asking about corned beef and cabbage and quoting John Wayne from "The Quiet Man".

I always used to take a personal day the first day of the big dance. I used to feel kind of dishonest but figured there would be no work done anyway. I wasn't up to keeping up with the charade. It definitely calls for a mental health day.

Brackets are fun to do, but I hate when I can't root for an upset just because it will ruin my bracket. I also refuse to do one when WVU is in the tournament because it feels weird having them down for a loss. Not that I think they will win but consider it bad luck rooting against your alma mater.

Let us not forget the tournament ending with the song "One Magic Moment". It's so incredibly cheesy yet I look forward to it culminating March Madness every single year. It ends up being stuck in my head for weeks after.

I also like March because I know the ladies will soon be coming out in their sun dresses and other assorted eye friendly garb.

My posts will probably be a little more sporadic this month but will find times in my short periods of sobriety. I have already had two marathon drinking sessions the last two weeks....one due to a St. Pat's celebration and the other for a WVU basketball game at the Garden.

I got floor seats behind the St. Johns bench. St. Johns started to make a run, and I felt something hit me in the back. Just then I saw that someone threw a St. John's t-shirt at me. I turn around only to see Sweet Lou tossed it at me. The man is 83 but can talk some smack.

No comments: